Cooling tower using recycled water in the service area of the South Bay Water Recycling program, San Jose, California.
You may download and use any of the hyperlinked papers and presentations â
for your own informational use. Commercial use of these materials is restricted and may be requested by sending the particulars in an email to: email@example.com
Bahman Sheikh, PhD, PE
Water Resources and Reuse Specialist
3524 22nd Street
San Francisco, California 94114-3406
· “Dual Use of Ocean Outfall Pipeline”, with Dana Ripley, presented at 28th WateReuse Symposium, Denver, Colorado, September 16, 2013.
· “Creating a Clearinghouse of Knowledge-Based Resources on Public Acceptance of Water Reuse and Desalination”, with Dr. James Crook, presented at Australian Water Association’s Asia Pacific Water Recycling Conference, Brisbane, Australia, July 3, 2013.
· “Use of Constructed Wetlands for Wastewater Treatment and Water Recycling”, presented at Biological Treatment Forum at King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, May 16, 2011.
· “Distributed Vs. Centralized Biological Treatment Of Wastewater For Water Reuse””, presented at Biological Treatment Forum at King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, May 16, 2011.
· “PotableReuse: Our Next Water Resource”, presented at Blue Tech Water Conference: Solving the World’s Water Problems through Technology, Clovis, California May 3, 2011.
· “Graywater’s Future Role in Integrated Water Management Planning”, presented at the IWA Efficient 2011 conference at Dead Sea, Jordan, March 29, 2011.
· “Graywater Reuse: Another Flavor of Water Reuse?”, presented at the 25th WateReuse Symposium, Tampa, Florida, September 2010.
· “Maximizing Filtration Capacity for Production of Tertiary Recycled Water”, presented at WateReuse Symposium 24, Seattle, Washington, September 2009.
· “Safety and Suitability of Irrigation of Edible Crops with Recycled Water”, presented at WateReuse Symposium 23, Dallas, Texas, September 2008.
· "The impact of increased loading rate on granular media, rapid depth filtration of wastewater." Water Research. 41(19), 4535-4545, 2007
· “Socioeconomic Aspects of Water Reuse”, Keynote Address to the EMWater Regional Conference in Amman, Jordan, October 30, 2006.
· “Filter Loading Evaluation for Water Reuse” Presented at WateReuse Association California Section 2005 Annual Conference in San Diego on February 28, 2005.
· “Institutional Requirements in California and Florida for Implementation of Water Recycling/Reclamation projects”, Presented at WateReuse Symposium XIX, Phoenix, Arizona, September 21, 2004.
· “Water Reuse: International Perspectives and Rationale for Hyderabad”, presented at Confederation of Indian Industry, Hyderabad, India, September 14, 2004.
· “Water Recycling Projects in California: Opportunities and Challenges”, presented at 2004 Annual Conference of Victorian Farmers Federation in Melbourne, Australia, July 14, 2004
· "Indirect Potable Reuse through Groundwater Recharge and Surface Water Augmentation: The Gold Standard of Water Recycling in California", invited keynote presentation at the National Water Recycling in Australia Conference, September 1-2, 2003, Brisbane, Australia.
· “Rules and Regulations/Guidelines for Water Reuse” Presentation at MED-REUNET Seminar, September 25-26, 2003, Izmir, Turkey.
· “Comparing the Costs and Benefits of Water Recycling Options with Seawater Desalination and Gray Water”, presented at WateReuse Symposium XVII, September 2002, Orlando, Florida.
· “Economic Impacts of Salt from Industrial and Residential Sources”, presented at AWWA-WEF Joint Water Resources Conference, “Reuse, Resources, Conservation”, January 2002, Las Vegas, Nevada.
· “Building Water Conservation into New Homes in Chula Vista, California”, presented at AWWA-WEF Joint Water Resources Conference, “Reuse, Resources, Conservation”, January 2002, Las Vegas, Nevada.
· “Reclaimed Water: Benefits to Society Beyond Water Resource Value In Dry Regions of the World”, presented to The First International Conference on Economical and Social Uses of Water in Arab Countries, June 18-21, 2001, Beirut, Lebanon.
· “Salt in Recycled Water: Agricultural and Landscape Limitations”, presented at WateReuse Workshop on Salts In the Brine Stream, March 29, 2000, Phoenix, Arizona
· “Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia—A Vision of 2021: Introducing Water Reuse to A World Capital”, Scheduled for presentation at Water Reuse 2000, a jointly sponsored AWWA-WEF Specialty Conference, January 30-February 2, 2000, San Antonio, Texas.
· “Hygienic Evaluation of Reclaimed Water Used To Irrigate Food Crops—A Case Study”, Water Science and Technology, Volume 40, No. 4-5, pp. 261-267, 1999.
· “Accounting for All the Benefits of Water Recycling” with Eric Rosenblum, Steve Kasower and Earle Hartling, Proceedings, Water Reuse ’98, a joint specialty conference of WEF and AWWA, February 1-4, 1998, Orlando, Florida.
· Chapter 6, Public Information Programs, in joint publication of WEF and AWWA, “Using Reclaimed Water to Augment Potable Water Resources”, pp. 191-233, February 1998.
· Chapter 17, Tertiary Reclaimed Water for Irrigation of Raw-Eaten Vegetables, in “Reuse of Wastewater” edited by Prof. Takashi Asano, pp. 779-825, June 1998.
BAHMAN SHEIKH WATER RECYCLING, RECLAMATION, REUSE CONSULTANT
During the six-year period as Executive Director of the City of Los Angeles’ Office of Water Reclamation, Bahman Sheikh created a 100-year forward-looking master plan and conceptualized numerous water recycling projects. As these projects are now gradually implemented, they will supplement the City’s future water resources and ensure adequate supplies to the year 2090.